To effectively manage the regional operational teams to achieve the desired operational and financial targets, ensuring alignment to and execution of the country- and company strategy.
• Manage a team of Regional Operations Managers to maximize the Country KPA outputs.
• Manage the operational performance of the country by reducing costs and increasing efficiencies and compliance
• Improved customer satisfaction levels through the implementation of appropriate promotional interventions
• Improved operational image / branding by implementing pre-defined company store standards and specified layout designs
• Link with Pepkor Properties to drive footprint expansion (growth in trading space) by means of new stores, revamps and store expansions
• Manage the country’s operational people capacity by monitoring the availability of sufficient number of staff with required skills
• Coach and develop the team of Regional Operations Managers
• Provide input into the Country strategy
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma and Tertiary qualification would be an advantage
• PC literacy – MS Word, Excel
• 10 years’ experience in a retail environment, 5 years in a senior managerial role.
• Willingness to travel extensively within the country.
• English: Speaking, Reading and Writing
• Portuguese: Speaking, Reading and Writing Ability will be a strong advantage
• Core skills needed: Leadership; attention to detail; Compliance; financial / business / retail acumen; analytical ability; planning & organisation; problem assessment; strong relationship building; effective communication, negotiating and influencing.