SENIOR LOGISTICS MANAGER LOCATION: LUANDA – ANGOLA
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To provide total Logistics support to the country, by managing the optimal output of the in-country logistics team.
- Manage a team of Logistics Managers to maximise the Country Logistics KPA outputs.
- Develop a warehousing and distribution strategy for Angola as aligned with the broader supply chain strategy
- Develop and roll out standard operating procedures in management of distribution centres and transport to all Africa countries. Lead and manage the development, training and implementation, as well as documentation and management of the changes required to these.
- Initiate and lead optimization projects in the Angola DCs and transport functions to ensure improved service delivery, efficiencies, labour productivity and capacity utilization
- Interpret the Key Performance requirements, create action plans and implement to ensure efficient inflow, storage and distribution of products, as well as transport solutions from the DCs to stores, including DC layout and design for flow optimization, as well as sourcing of capital items required in logistics functions
- Reduce costs and increase efficiency and effectiveness in the Angola DC’s and store delivery transport activities
- Ensure long term DC capacity in resources and people
- Grade 12 / Secondary school / Tertiary qualification would be an advantage
- PC literacy – MS Word, Excel
- 8 years’ experience in logistics, 5 years in a managerial role
- Minimum 3 year operational management experience in either logistics or production environment
- Retail supply chain experience will be an advantage
- Willingness to travel extensively within the country.
- English: Speaking, Reading and Writing
- Portuguese: Speaking, Reading and Writing Ability will be a strong advantage
- Core skills needed: Strong managerial skills; Leadership; Communication; Interpersonal; Problem solving; Decision making; Build and maintain healthy business relationships; Contracting; Project management; Coaching; Resourcefulness .