Top insurance company is looking for a Finance Manager, based in the Northern Suburbs.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Finance Manager’s primary accountability is to lead the Finance function. There are four companies within the group and this role interfaces with all four companies.
Key Performance Areas:
- Establishing financial goals and objectives (in conjunction with the GM and management team) and driving their implementation and achievement.
- Maintain and develop effective financial controls and reporting structures – develop best in class systems.
- Lead the annual financial budget process and the twice yearly re-forecast process.
- Oversee and lead the annual audit process (together with the production of the Annual Financial Statements).
- Ensure the timely reporting of weekly, monthly and annual results (including forecasts & estimates) in accordance with group reporting requirements and with GAAP.
- Exercise tight control over working capital and establish and monitor targets for debtors and borrowings (to drive efficient cash flow cycles).
- Lead financial IT developments, to maximise ‘’return on investment’’ in IT by driving efficiencies in processes, by improving the quality of and access to management information (including Dashboards) and by creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Providing relevant financial and administrative information and support to the various departments, enabling them to comply with regulations and to operate cost effectively.
- Oversee the insurance renewal process.
- Liaising with the GM and MD in operational and strategic decisions, acting as the financial and regulatory/contractual lead.
- Manage Finance team performance and structures.
- Develop and lead relationships with the company’s bankers at all levels (negotiate cost effective and relevant finance as required from time to time).
- Manage foreign currency requirements and the related governance and regulatory compliance (e.g. with the South African Reserve Bank for cross border transactions).
- Establish strong inter departmental relationships within the organisation and relationships with key stakeholders in the wider group.
- Projects (internal and external – i.e. with outside stakeholders): Potential to be the financial lead on commercial and/or grower related developments.
- CA (SA) qualification
- At least 8 in a management position, leading a team.
- At least 3 years in a commercial environment.
- At least 5 experience working with an ERP system.
- Advanced level of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point).